Nocturne Build Guide
The Best Nocturne Runes, Items, and Advice to Dominate Your Competition
112,253 Nocturne Builds Analyzed
Best Items for Your Nocturne Build
Nocturne Items to Defeat Focused Team Comps
Best Nocturne Runes for Your Next Build
Nocturne Runes to Beat Dedicated Enemy Teams
Guide to Playing with Nocturne
- Nocturne is great at eliminating carries. Your Nocturne build should include plenty of lethality items to maximize your damage against carries.
- Combo Shroud of Darkness with Paranoia's dash to kite the enemy into hitting your shield.
- If you are playing Nocturne in the jungle, after level 6, alternate between farming your jungle and ganking lanes depending on the availability of your ultimate. It's Nocturne's Ult that makes him so formiddible and scary. Even when you aren't near lane, the knowledge that you may use your Ult at any moment to engage adds great pressure on your enemies.
- Nocturne can also be played in lane. If you love Nocturne, don't just play him in the jungle.
- Nocturne's shield gives him an AA speed boost when he blocks a spell. The dragon's attacks count as spells. Unless you need to save it block enemy CC, use it early when trying to burst down the dragon.
We set our Nocturne build suggestions by analyzing 112,253 recently ranked League games with him in them. We only advise the best winrate Nocturne builds that have been built by ranked LoL players enough times for us to propose them. With so many rounds in our data, we are confident in our provided builds.
Additionally, to view the top Nocturne build designed for a different skill rank, you can pick a different one from the dropdown above. The recommended Nocturne builds will change to capture that skill level’s meta.
FAQs About Nocturne
Can Nocturne be played in lane?
Yes, Nocturne can be played in lane. He is most commonly played in the jungle, but against bruiser champions, he really excels in lane. Be careful about long-range champions and champs with lots of CC. In lane, his passive sustain will really help your staying power.
What else is Noc's ult good for besides ganking lanes or catching champions out alone?
Noc's Ult is great at denying your enemies the opportunity to fight. Unless the entire enemy team is collaborating out of the same room or is on Discord, they will be in disarray every time you deny them friendly vision. Most of the time, this will spook them from engaging. The best times to you this include when finishing off the dragon or a tower.
What is Nocturne's best combo?
In general, you'll want to 1) engage with R, 2) use your spell shield, 3/4) hit your enemy with Q and E while constantly auto-attacking and staying on top of them.
Should I use my spell shield early in combat or wait to use it to combat a specific enemy ability?
Most of the time, it's good to use his spell shield early in combat. This will give you a large attack speed boost for most of your fight. However, if you are facing a champ with a single overwhelming ability (i.e. Malzahar or Malphite), you may want to save it to block.