Veigar Build Guide
The Best Veigar Runes, Items, and Advice to Dominate Your Competition
125,077 Veigar Builds Analyzed
Best Items for Your Veigar Build
Veigar Items to Defeat Focused Team Comps
Best Veigar Runes for Your Next Build
Veigar Runes to Beat Dedicated Enemy Teams
Guide to Playing with Veigar
- Use Event Horizon to stun followed by Dark Matter on top of the enemy champion.
- Purchase items that increase mana and reduce cooldown times.
- Veigar is meant to burst down most champions in a single volley. He doesn't have good enough cool downs or AA potential to do anything else once he's struck his all-in. Don't miss!
- Early on, focus primarily on farming up your AP. Minion kills with your Q (or any champion strikes with your abilities) will grant you more permanent AP. Don't waste your time posturing or harassing. Focus on building your AP exclusively until you hit level 6. If you do so, Veigar will be a huge threat once he gets his ultimate up to finish his combo.
- Veigar can easily come from behind like a dark horse. If you get behind, focus on stacking your Q and farming to get back into the fight.
- You should consider putting a few skill points into your CC early on. With just a single level, it usually doesn't hold them long enough for you to deal your full combo. Beyond 3 levels, there's diminishing returns for 1:1 fighting as you'll likely have already used your burst combo and the additional CC will be wasted. Only max you CC's duration towards the end to provide more support in teamfights.
Our Veigar builds result from our examination of 125,077 recently ranked Veigar games. Only the top winrate Veigar builds that are also in common use are advised by us. Because we have so many rounds in our data, we are sure that we can give you high quality builds for Veigar to help you win your next game!
Additionally, Veigar builds dedicated to a unique skill tier can be displayed by picking another rank from the dropdown menu located above. The suggested Veigar build shown will be focused on that tier’s meta.
FAQs About Veigar
Can I build Veigar any other ways besides as a burst mage?
Yes. Veigar can do well also a tanky mage. He won't have the overwhelming threat of a burst mage, but his passive AP growth means he will still be able to deal decent damage while being able to last much better in combat.