The Best LoL Champions to Synergize and Counter Annie
64,727 Annie Counters and Matchups Analyzed
Who Counters Annie
To determine the most and least favorable counters for Annie, we studied the outcomes of 64,727 recently finished, ranked League of Legends rounds. We found which champs have the highest and lowest win rates versus her. Furthermore, we calculated those select champs that are great teammates and who could help stop her from being countered. Having examined so many rounds gives us lots of faith in our conclusions.
As can be seen above, Yorick is the strongest to challenge Annie with a 53.0% win fraction against her. In a close second and third place, Trundle and Malzahar are the next biggest threats to Annie. These two champs have win rates of 52.0% and 52.0%, respectively. You should avoid taking her into a round where one of these other champs has already been picked.
Conversely, if you are fighting Akshan, you can anticipate doing much better. Annie counters them with a much better win percentage of 60.0%. Similarly, you should expect to do very well against Azir and Zoe. They have the next poorest win rates against Annie.
Annie Team Synergies
To get the details and best Annie counter builds for a particular matchup, you can click the related row in one of the tables above. If you would like any Annie counters that are not listed here, you can click the "All Matchups" button to browse them.
To restrict the Annie counters to a particular skill level only, select your chosen skill level from the dropdown menu above. The provided Annie counters and pairings will be revised.
We comb through millions of League of Legends matches pulled directly from Riot’s servers each week. We analyze the data using advanced algorithms to bring you the most accurate Annie counters online.
Guide to Countering Annie
- Keep your distance from Annie's bear, Tibbers, because he burns enemy units around himself.
- When Annie's stun is ready, there is a white, swirling power around her. For other skins the effect may be different. Identify what she looks like when her stun is ready.
- Talented Annie's will roam with one ability use shy of her stun. They will then strike you once before dropping a stun bear on top of you. You can't always rely on a visual indicator to know when Annie is ready to sun you.
- Annie is a burst mage. Good Annie counters can survive her burst and/or flank her while she has her abilities on cooldown.
- The summoner spell Smite can help kill Tibbers.
- Annie can deal a lot of damage to attack speed/on-hit champions that try to take her out when she uses her Molten Shield ability. This ability deals magic damage back to the attacker after each attack. It can also cover Tibbers. Be careful when trying to counter Annie if you are a low AD, on-hit champion. Pay attention to the Molten Shield spell effect visuals.
- Annie counters squishy champions. Her full burst combo deals a massive amount of damage.